Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Khatam Al Quran,Malam Namat....

A few more days to go before all schools close for Hari Raya break.

So, today at school , we have 'Majlis Khatam Al Quran' or if I may borrow the term from my blogger friend 'Malam Namat'.What if it is done during the day,will it be called Malam Namat too or Hari Namat?Somebody got to help me here.I am new to this term.

It is the day you finish reading the Al Quran, individually or in groups.The reading of Al Quran this Ramadhan is shared among the women teachers only.Each of us is given only a juzuk to read and we are given a certain period to complete before we hold the 'majlis khatam Al Quran'.

So, today I come back from school with a bag of sweet delicacies like jala mas,buah tanjong,tahi itik (0ops..sorry,not the actual tahi itik eh),but kueh tahi itik,akok etc.These are popular traditional kueh mueh in the east coast.

As for my individual reading, I ve still many more juzuk to go.I am moving at snail pace this year since there are so many occasions and programs held in school, including the marking of SPM trial papers.

God willing,I will try my very best to complete before Ramadhan draws its curtain...

5 comments:

ray said...

Komen Pak Malim, kucing ray yg alim.

Saya nak mintak skit apa yg Madam Gold bawa dalam goodie bag, kata Pak Malim sambil memegang air bag.

DrSam said...

Congratulation madam. Malam namat at last.

Eid mubarak madam.

Memorable trails... said...

Wahai Pak Malim,kucing ray yg alim.

Boleh saja...ambillah,kata MG yang ingin bersedekah.

Tapi jangan lupa tinggalkan MG semangkuk.
Takut-takut kempunan dan jadi batu belah batu bertangkup...

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks Doc,
Yes, but there s still one more mission,hopefully before nampak anak bulan,mission accomplished.

Eid Mubarak to you and family too.

Nong said...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI & MAAF ZAHIR BATIN - dari kak nong sekeluarga...

Alhamdullillah...