Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cluttering and de-cluttering

I have been staying away from my cyber friends for quite a while.Not that my interest towards blog sphere is diminishing but I have been very busy cluttering and de-cluttering all my stuff.It is that time again...where I d be on the road with the whole household heading for the next destination.However,this time the destination is my permanent home sweet home.Good bye to gypsy-like life which I have gone through for the last 17 years.Definitely no regrets at all,no complaints!
I come to a place and learn abundance of new things which add to the store house of knowledge and experience.

I adapt my taste bud to suit to local delicacies,so when ever I my hands are full I can easily buy dishes from the stalls.

I talk with local dialects and slang for easy dealing with local grocers,fruiterers,butchers,fish mongers and even mechanics.

I make new acquaintances and discover the beauty and joy of friendship which I very much hope will last for a life time.Friends are part of my family,who are always by my side through thick and thin, rain or shine.They help me to stand up after several defeats.They aid me to glue up many broken pieces.They guide me to strenghten my faith accept what ever been fated for me.I feel very much at ease at this home away from home.Thank you friends.We may be apart but we ll remain closed at hearts.

I am sorting out my stuff through stages.First,the clothes,which are to keep and which are to give away.
I am sending to my friend's to be distributed to flood victims and the villages.
Then the books and school bags.I have abundant.I am giving away all the primary school books.Some have been taken and some have been sent to Kada to be given to orang asli.

These are to be recycled,waiting for Aboy,the recycling man to pick up.


Paintings and wall portraits have to go down and wrap.


This cupboard is waiting for Along to finish his exam.I assign him to wrap it and also all the "accessories" inside.

Hope to get everything done before the 20th of this month.

Ahhhhhh.....so many things on my mind.

15 comments:

Kak Teh said...

MG I wish i am as determined as you are abt decluttering. There's so much of old stuff that i dont know where to begin. Good luck. perhaps i'll do mine during sprng cleaning time.

mamasita said...

MG..I am confused. You nak pindah ke mana??

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Hi Madam Gold
Wow bestnya decluttering ,cleaning ,sorting
and good idea to donate or recycle.I love doing that:)

Ya nak pindah ke mana ni Madam Gold?

Fadhil said...

Madam,

I take it that you're moving to a permanent place now, possibly your own home. Moving house is always a stressful thing and I wish you the best.

Win said...

Great to hear you're into recycling and sharing stuff ( I fully support people who recycle)Hope your next place is as great!

Memorable trails... said...

Kak Teh,
Yes,it takes an effort to do decluttering and sending to various recycling center...
Good luck in your spring cleaning.

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Datin,
he..he..he...you confused???I nak pindah to my home town.Sirih pulang ke ganggang,after so much fun of touring the peninsular.

Memorable trails... said...

Hello ibu reen,
I nak balik Melaka.I bought a house there,penat dah pindah randah.
We gain satisfaction from donating and recycling.

Memorable trails... said...

Welcome to my humble blog Mr.Oldstock.
Exactly,it is stressful and tiring.So many things on the mind..as what to pack,what and where to give away and and which to recycle.
Yes, I am going to stay put at my permanent home and settle down.Penat dah round satu Malaysia.

Memorable trails... said...

Long time no hear Win.Must be busy with your Phd thesis.
Yes I am all for recycling.I recycle all the time.Sebab dari kecik dulu dah di latih jual botol kicap kat keling botol.he..he..Tapi dulu untuk dapat duit beli ice cream atau kacang puteh.La ni more towards preserving the environment.

DrSam said...

I hope you new sanctuary will give a whole new experience to you madam.(plus the all the experience you gathered while touring the motherland).

Missing budu?

Memorable trails... said...

Of course doc,I am going to miss all Kelantanese delicacies,the most is nasi kerabu.Have to leran how to cook it.
Hopefully my new sanctuary will be as great as my place here.

92_cross said...

bila teacher nak pindah?

Memorable trails... said...

On the 20 th.You all nak dtng ke?

Zam said...

hi teacher..hope you do well next year..keep on teaching...all the best...