Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From Anak Bukit Palace

On 9 th February 2009, my other half was confered Bintang Khidmat Cemerlang Kedah (B.C.K)
by the Sultan of Kedah in conjunction with his 81 st birthday.Here are some photos taken before and after the ceremony, since photographing was not permited during the ceremony, except by the palace photographer.

My other half and me in front of the throne after the ceremony was over.

Anak Bukit Palace
Usherers waiting for the arrival of the award recipients and guests..


Award and medal recipients and their spouses filling up the seats

One of the guards in ceremonial costume ..waiting for the arrival of the Sultan and Sultanah
Getting acquainted..Syura, an ex air-stewardess

Another pose..in front of the throne..
Me...

Final pose at the foyer before leaving the palace


In line..waiting to take photographs after the ceremony..




me ..descending the staircase leaving the palace


























11 comments:

DrSam said...

salam,
Alhamdulillah. your other half contribution to the nation was well recognized.

Congratulation.

Memorable trails... said...

Dr Sam,
Thank You.You too have contributed a lot as I can read in ur writing.
Well done!

mohdariqsalem said...

"hi,can we exchange our banner,if u done have banner i still can post yur link,please let me know after it done.thank"

http://www.riqzmiecreation.blogspot.com/

CatlinaFly said...

salam kenal..congratulation to ur other half and you too! ;) ( madam gold oghe kelate ko duduk sano jah?)

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

hi there,try check it again.I think you'll be able to read my blog now..I dunno what happened.

Kak Teh said...

Salam perkenalan. Congratulations to both of you. Like Dr Sam said - Alhamdulillah, the contribution is recognised.
Your pictures are making me long for home.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks k teh.The same feeling I had 20 yrs ago..dapat tenguk lambang MAS pun dah mencukupi..

Memorable trails... said...

mamama!!!
nana ni!!
huhuhu

Nong said...

Salam,
Congratulations to your hubby...

Tak balik jenguk kebun sungai rambai ke?

Memorable trails... said...

Nong,
I seldom balik kampung,so selalu hubby yang jenguk kebun sawit tu bcoz he is working in KL.It is nearer to Kesang Tasek.We intend to build our house there after retirement.Country life and a farm house is rather apealing to me than the crowded noisy city life..

.paiz. said...

send my regards to your the other half and hi teacher, miss u a lot..haha