Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday

Life has been so busy lately.There are so many distractions, diverting from the routine that I could not find the time to update my blog.First, there was my trip to Kedah, followed by extra curricular activities at school since our Sports Day is approaching , and finally the course that I had to attend in Permai Inn Kuala Terengganu.In the mean time I also have to be the driver of the house sending my little prince and princess to extra classes, club meetings, sports practice and stealing time to drop by at the grocery store to grab a few edible things.By 11:00 pm I would be a dead wood already..
With all the line up schedule occupying my mind, I almost forgot that today is my birthday.The reminder came at 12:01 midnight from my daughter in SM Sains wishing me the happiest birthday ever...then an early morning wish came through sms from my other half.Happy 47 th birthday to me..another year older,another year wiser...
I think the last time I blew my birthday candles was 22 years ago.I was 25 yrs old then.I could still remember that particular night very well since that was the last year I celebrated my birthday in a foreign land.It was a cold spring night.Winter had not totally left the ground.In my sweat shirt and pyjama pants,I got ready for bed in the comfort of my two- bed room trailer.My trailer mate was no where to be found, I was alone.As I was about to zzzz into my dream land,there came a loud,insistent knocking on my trailer door.Thinking that it was my trailer mate, I opened the door.Of course, my mate was there standing and flashing a smile ,but she was not alone.There were 2 other friends and a huge white box in their hands.I ushered them in.As they were stepping in they sang a birthday song to me.Just when I thought nobody remembered my birthday, those three muskerteers came to me with a huge chocolate chip cookie with 25 birthday candles on it.It was so sweet of them..so touching..Those thoughtful friends of mine are now better known as Prof Dr Ummul Khair Ahmad, Prof Madya Baizura Ahmad Shah and Rohayati Rahmat whom I heard married to Mat Scotland and migrated there.Hello folks..if you ever read my blog, do drop a line or two ok..
When I was young, birthdays seemed important to me.I would feel so touchy and grouchy if nobody remembered it.But as I grow older, birthday is just a day to remind me that I am a year older..I will do some reflections of the year gone by and contemplate on my next move for the coming year.
However, for my kids,when they were small,I would throw birthday parties for them.But now I would just at least buy a cake or bring it to their hostel so they can celebrate with their friends...or sometimes when they are at home we would have a special dinner at the restaurant.At least there is something for them to remember about their birthdays when they grow older.

9 comments:

DrSam said...

Happy belated birthday mdm! Many many happy returns of the day.

Memorable trails... said...

Dr Sam
Thank You very much..

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

Salam

Happy Belated Birthday teacher =)

May Allah bless u.

Memorable trails... said...

Thnk u Miss Zaza..

Nong said...

Happy belated birthday! May you be blessed with wealth and health always...

Memorable trails... said...

Thank You Nong

Kak Teh said...

Happy belated birthday - sorry I missed this as I was terbusy sikit last week.

Memorable trails... said...

Thank You K teh.No problem.It s better late than never..he..he..he..

.paiz. said...

hi teacher,

Happy Belated Birthday teacher

haha for a late wish. i just lost my cell phone so, i lost your number as well. sooo sorry, have a great year k.haha.