Friday, July 17, 2009

Justice to plants, generous to neighbours

I have been neglecting my plants for... not 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months but 2 years,that is since I moved out from the camp to join the civilians.Previously,in the camp, I had my other half's "batman",Corperal Zaini or dearly called Pak cik Awe by my kids, coming every morning to water,trim and fertilise the plants besides ironing my other half's uniforms and polishing his boots and shoes.
So, now the plants grow at the mercy of occasional raindrops.No trimming,no fertiliser and no watering.If these plants could talk, they surely would curse me for being so cruel and mean... Cannot differentiate between the plants and the weeds... "I need air!I am suffocated!"
the plants screamed..

Dried whithered plants...I have not done justice to these plants.

Last week my lady friend asked me,"Kak Mas banyak tanam bunga tak di rumah?"
I said,"Ada but half-dying.."

"Why???"she questioned me.

"I have lost the interest and the passion for plants."I said.

"Kalau I nak mintak sikit boleh tak?"she asked me.

Quickly I responded,"Ambik belako ..ngan pasu-pasu tak pe.."

A man teacher interrupted, "Banyak pasu ke?"

I said,"From small plastic pots where I plant my cactus to a big ceramic pot where I once grew lotus plant."

He said,"I want the big pasu,I want to make a water fountain."

"Come over,sapa cepat dia dapat.." I told him jokingly.

So the next day, he came to my house and carried back happily with him my big pasu which has been with me for almost 10 years.I bought the big pot in Jitra and had been in and out of army trucks whenever I had to move from one state to another.

This evening my lady friend came to dig up a few species of my plants.I gave her 2 pots of cactus.Actually she has just moved into her new bungalow and now enthusiastically planting plants in her garden.I understand how she feels.I even gave her pokok terung which I ve never known of its existence in my backyard until yesterday.

Over a wired fence yesterday my neighbour asked me,"Kak tak makan terung ke?"

I said, "Tak berahi sangat."

She continued and at the same time pointing at the plant,"Padan banyak buah tak di ambil."

Then only I know there is egg plant tree in my backyard,maybe some birds might have dropped the seeds there.
Then she continued,"Nak minta sikit boleh?"
I said,"Ambil lah, banyak pun tak pe.."
Before she left my backyard,I told her feel free to come anytime whenever she wants to eat egg plant.My garden is her garden too.In return, she offered her buah kedondong which grows profusely in her front yard.


This evening, after my lady friend left, I forced myself to do a bit of justice to my plants...weeding and gardening which actually I had planned earlier during the previous school holidays.So these are the outcome..


Weeds cleared off..


"What a relief!Now only I can breathe"Maybe that is what the plants would say...

I get to see the species now..
Finally, my last holiday mission accomplished!

9 comments:

Sally said...

MG,

whoaa..clap..clap..clap..better late than never..hehe..u sure plants cant speak?? kena guna Sound Machine la kan..hehe

K.Mas.."army truck"..? wifey army rupa2nya..ermm..are a Klantanese?

Memorable trails... said...

TS,
kena borrow kat Mr Klausner the machine lah.Where can I find him?He..he..he..
Yes,army wife.Am a Johorean and been moving around for the last 17 years..pencen baru balik kampung

Win said...

Salam and hi Cikgu, the plants look nice and green...natural composting? - win

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Win,
Pokok tu tumbuh atas kudrat sendiri.Tak bubuh gapo satu..so natural composelah ye.

MariaFaizal said...

Congratulations sis...at least the plants now are 'breathing' comfortably, he he he...

I knew i wouldn't have time to pamper any plant,hence the plastic/fake flowers/plants 'planted' in my lawn :P

Cheers sis!

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks Maria.Yeah.finally I had the time.Actually ,a lot of time but spent on doing other mengarut things...he..he..he..

Puziah Ahmad said...

Mashtah..

That day gi your parents'house...banyak pokok penuh...amik offer pilih mana satu hendak ..dengan rendah hati saya decline..heh heh takut buat ketidakadilan macam you kata...dekat rumah pun pokok yg tahan lasak je survive dgn natural water..tuan nya kekadang je siram ..

Memorable trails... said...

Yes Puziah.Umah my parents memang banyak pokok bunga.My father loves gardening..hinggakan depan umah tu penuh berbagai pokok dan juga seranga...

DrSam said...

salam madam.

I really love plants and seeing they grow healthily, lush greenary will give me some sort of blissful feeling. Nyaman gitu.