Friday, August 21, 2009

On the eve of Ramadhan 1430H

A pang of loneliness strikes me as my fingers hitting the keyboard this evening.I ll be celebrating the first day of Ramadhan with my children without my other half and family around.Although this should be a normal thing to me,nothing extraordinary, I still cannot wipe out the thoughts of how nice it would be to have our love ones around celebrating the first day of puasa.Maybe because this is a blessed Ramadhan,a month of cleansing the dosa and purifying oneself physically and spiritually, unlike any other months.However, I am still considered lucky for all my kids are back since school holiday has just begun.

This morning while I was stepping out from the house,big baby who is still having a fever,asked what mommy going to cook for sahur.Looks like he was skipping his lunch and dinner...tiba-tiba dah sampai ke sahur.I gather he is so eager to start fasting .I had not made up my mind yet because I had to attend my Risda class first and later only had a quick visit to the market.

I ended my class 20 minutes early with an excuse of I need to do marketing before the stalls closed for Friday prayer.Even when the hour was edging towards 12:30 pm,still there were many people rushing and grabbing for things as if there was no tommorrow. There was only one fishmonger left and looking at the crowd I believe the others must have closed for the day.I grabbed what needed to cook tomyam for sahur.Yes, big baby likes tomyam with telur dadar very much and since he is a bit under the weather, I ll cook his favourites.

I went for terawikh prayer with Along.I didnt have any doubts at first but when the jamaah next to me started to sneeze,I became a bit worried.And the virus definitely did the job well for within minutes, I too started to sneeze ...ouchooo!!.
Tommorrow I will definitely perform my terawikh prayer at home... trying to play safe.

To all my blog readers,I wish you Selamat menyambut Ramadhan yang mulia dan penuh barakah ini.Hopefully I can carry out this ibadah in peace and to the fullest this year.

17 comments:

DrSam said...

Salam madam. I hope by sahur your mood will swing and your big baby is getting better. Went to first terawih and alhamdulillah there is nobody suspicious enough for me to start rushing back home.

Selamat menyambut Ramadhan untuk madam gold sekeluarga.

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

Salam Ramadhan teacher!
Let us increase our ibadah and amal soleh in this blessed month of Ramadhan solely to attain Allah's Pleasure.

MariaFaizal said...

Sis,
Happy Ramadhan Al-Mubarak.
Take care.

Kak Teh said...

Madam Gold, we just got back from our terawikh and by now you must be half way through your first day of puasa. Have a good Ramadhan!

arsaili said...

salam ramadhan..semoga kedatangannya kali ini membawa seribu erti....

Memorable trails... said...

Ramadhan Kareem to you too doc.

Memorable trails... said...

Selamat menyambut Ramadhan to you too Miss Zaza

Memorable trails... said...

Maria, You must be very busy this year,with your work and preparation at home.Anyway Ramadhan Mubarak to you too.

Memorable trails... said...

Have a blessed Ramadhan to you too K teh.Semuga kita dapat kerjakan amal sepenuhnya di bulan yang mulia ini.

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Ramadhan to you too Arsaili.Must be a bit different fasting in the foreign land...

Nong said...

Salam Ramadan dan selamat mengerjakan ibadah. semoga ibadah kita di beri barakah.

I've seen a few wearing masks during solat terawih. Hopefully, those with symtoms will stay away from the mosque...

Al-Manar said...

Mdam Gold,
I know how it feels not having all the loved ones around sewaktu berbuka. There should be a total of 19 in all around us but each evening there are just us, one elderly couple at a table, eating and imagining the giggles and laughter 400 km away. Such is life.
Selamat berpuasa dan selamat hari raya.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Salam MG,

My first terawikh was done at a mosque in Taman TAR, Ampang, I too was bugged by that fear when someone next to me started to sneeze.

The next day, I went to Sungai Petani to visit a friend, got really sick. Scary. But syukur it was nothing to worry of, I am OK now.

I pray that by now you are Ok already. Yes, I do understand the loneliness of celebrating the first Ramadhan alone, but then you are a strong woman, that you've faced it like a champion. No hal, kan.

I bid you and your family a blessed Ramadhan. Baju raya dah siap ke belum?..:-)

Memorable trails... said...

K Nong,
Yes the flu is still serious n for the time being I d just avoid the crowd.Even the assemblies at school are not encouraged.

Memorable trails... said...

Dear Pak Cik,
Selamat berpuasa and selamat hari raya to you and mak cik too.Virus has wiped out my window, so that s why I cant reply ur comment.
The more the merrier in any occasion right.Hopefully I could celebrate raya in my kampung with family.And hopefully you and mak cik will be surrounded by anak cucu this raya..

Memorable trails... said...

Salam to gorgeous Ida,
Baju raya dah tempah tapi tak siap lagi he..he..he..You and anak2 macam mana, dah p shopping?Balik Sandakan ke?
Yes, have to be superwoman,not that I
want to,but circumstances made me so.
But sometimes even superwoman need to be surrounded by love and attention kan???

Lee said...

Hello Mm Gold, just dropped by say hello.
You just stay easy as its always the emptiness when a loved one is away.
But your kids will keep you busy till he returns.
Have a great week, keep well, Lee.