Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Simple Pleasures in Life

Once in a while I just want to divert from the routine,especially after being so bogged down with work,family and other miserable,worldly matters that can drive me nuts.

So when my colleague, Madam Tong invited me to join her line dancing class,I readily accepted the invitation without giving much thought.Why me?For she knows that I am very interested in this kind of activity and if ever held at school,I would be one of the very few lady teachers to join in.

Last night was my first session.When the time came,I started to feel a bit sceptical leaving my two teenagers at home.

So I asked daughter Ifah..

Mommy: Ok tak kalau Ma pi dancing class malam ni?

Daughter: Pi la Ma..

Mommy: Tak apa ke tinggal kat umah...Sara, aunty Tong's daughter is joining the class too.

Daughter: Tak pe lah ma..kita orang tak takut.

Mommy: Kalau gitu Ma pi ya..

Daughter: Pi lah Ma...enjoy yourself..

So I left the house with a not-so-guilty feeling..


The class is filled with somewhat 20 to 30 Ah Sos.There are only 3 Malay ladies and I am the only one with a tudung.


The class is held at an open basketball court,about 3 to 4 minutes' drive from my house.

It was a good two-hour sweating and calorie burning session.During a 5-minute break I went to my car to get a bottled drink.Lurking in the darkness next to my car was one Ah So.I almost jumped when she said to me...

Ah So: Wa, manyak peluh ha..

Me: Yalah nyonya..mari join kita orang.

Ah So: Nanti-nanti...

Then she look at my sneakers

Ah So: Lu beli itu kasut mana?(asking about my dancing shoes cum jogging shoes cum aerobic shoes).

Me: Kat KB mall.

Ah So: Mahat (expensive) tak?

Me: Itu 40 ringgit saja..

Ah So: Tunggu.. saya beli ha,nanti saya mau join juga..

Me: Nyonya datang minggu depan,ini jam..

Ah So: Ada baya ka?

Me: 3 ringgit saja...

Ah So: Ini sampai pukut brapa?

Me: Sepuluh...

Then hearing the blaring music again, she quickly said to me

Ah So: Ok..Ok..lu pegi sambung lagi..

So I left the Ah So (in fact there were many other peeping toms)to continue watching us in the darkness..

We continued pacing and stamping our steps following the beautiful music of Cha cha,poco-poco,Maakarama(dont know if I got it right)and one Siamese dance.All are in Chinese lyrics..hehehe..

I am catching up slowly with all except the Cha cha where I am still ?*#+? blurrrrrr.

But who cares..the most important thing is I feel soooo relief mentally and my body feels sooooo light...

These are simple pleasures in my life...

4 comments:

DrSam said...

Good and healthy activity madam. I think the calorie burnt that night compensated well for the whole season of Raya food indulgence recently.

Memorable trails... said...

Hopefully doc...am looking forward to the next session.

.paiz. said...

haha. madam tong is one of my favourite teacher. say hi to her for me.

Memorable trails... said...

Insyallah...Are you doing ok there?