Monday, October 11, 2010

Ouch!

I had been having back pain for days.Finding remedies was not easy.Sleeping on the heated mattress,using the traditional "minyak panas" and even stop eating food that could cause wind in the body..you name it,still the pain was biting me unbearably.
Finally, I decided to look for some pain killers...A friend of mine brought me to some old clinic.Looking at its physical state ( even the clinic was spelt as "Kelinik"),I didnt put much hope on it.
Till now I am trying to figure out the cause of my back ache..
Maybe I ve been driving for 50 km everyday for the past 3 weeks..
or it might be due to the countless steps and a few slopes that I have to mount everyday at my new work place..
or it could be due to the weight from my laptop which I ve to carry on my back to classes
or now my classes are all spread out ,so I have to walk all around the campus..
or pssttt....age factor????

Anyway, the pills prescribed by the Kelinik work wonders..my back is back to normal..at least for now..
So, next time don't judge a book by its cover!

4 comments:

Al-Manar said...

The fact that it is spelt the ancient way KELINIK in itself indicates an old doctor with experience through the ages.
Hope all will continue to be well and see you posting regularly.

Pakcik

Memorable trails... said...

yes,he is an old but experienced doctor..Infact he knows one doc whom my family used to consult when I was still a little girl..
Insyallah I will keep on writing Pak Chik, since now I have more time to spend at the college.It s longer working hours now but many things can be done..

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Dear Madam Gold,

Hope you are feeling better...and not depend on painkillers for long..also to make sure it is nothing serious like a 'slipped disc'.

Just sharing...my husband used to drive from Ipoh to USM Penang Campus for 3 years. Back then, I was at the USM Perak Campus, Tronoh where Univ. Tek. Petronas resides now, and our home was Ipoh...He decided to commute because he did not want to miss the precious moments we were having with our youngest child - our son (who was in his early teens).

But that decision has its down side. A few years back, he has such nasty back pains. Then the doctor advised him to change into softer, more comfortable walking shoes (being a civil engineer, he would be in his few ton boots all over the campus, managing the sites etc.) And also, to change our mattress to the non-springy ones i.e. the hard type, compactedly filled with coconut husks (easily found at any furniture outlets which sell beds and mattresses)...but it is a little more expensive than the springy ones....

These little changes has paid off...No more relying on pinkillers which can be detrimental to one's health if taken for a long time...

Hope that has helped..

Wasalam..

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Dr,
Thanks for sharing..my back is getting better and I ve stopped taking the pain killers.Good info about the mattress there,maybe I should look for one..