Sunday, November 21, 2010

Age is catching up...

Last week end I attended Along's graduation ceremony, marking the completion of his one-year FIST Australia program.Since I dont have the confidence to drive long-distance,so I took a night express bus to go up north.My plan was to go to Jitra first and borrow a friend's car to drive up to Kuala Nerang the next day.I did as planned.However ,when I reached his college in Kuala Nerang,I found that everything was so quiet.It was like there was no event going on.In fact, at the entrance I was questioned by the guard as why I was there.I told him I was there to attend the occasion and he looked surprised.He told me there was nothing going on at the college that day.Classes were held as usual.Then I took a look at my cell phone and saw a message from Along.He told me he had boarded his college bus to go to Holiday Villa Hotel in Alor Setar.

What??? I gave him a call.He answered and told me that the occasion was held in that hotel and in fact he had told me about it.When did he tell me ,of course I couldn't remember.I scolded him and told him don't expect me to drive up another hour to get to the place on time .After all it was already 9:15 and the event started at 10:00 am.I scolded him over and over.He claimed that he had told me somewhere in April, and he expected his mommy dearest to remember it ???

So I had no choice but to drive for another hour.It was like making one whole circle.A journey which by right should only take 20 minutes from Jitra turned into almost two hours.When I reached the banquet room ,the event had started,in fact two people had given their speeches.Never mind... I managed to listen to the last speech from the Chairman of MARA before the certificates were presented and lunch was served.

His lecturer ushered me to the table.I was still mad when settling down on the chair.However, my anger subsided when Along's name was announced as recipient for "Anugerah Kokurikulum Tebaik".Ok Along..you just know how to win mommy's heart..at least the time and journey spent were worthwhile...

Congratulations children..one more step to down under...

7 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Madam Gold,
You have always been proud of your Along - way back from the time you all were in Kelantan. Nontheless, your pride has been justified. All along he has shown excellence in all fields.
I share excellent performance among our people. I can see more surprises from your Along overseas. But make sure returns home to serve.

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Dear Madam Gold,

Congratulations to your son and..the proud mum..

How happy you must be..

Before long, he will graduate and will be working.

My home has been like an empty nest ever since years ago...my son(youngest) now a drilling engineer in Vietnam, serving 24-7 hardly enough hands to cope (wonder why his 'employer' is so stingy to replace or find more staff - with so many resigning) ..that makes my heart skip a bit everytime I think of him, being so far away..which mother wouldn't..

So, while your son is still near you..enjoy his ocmpany too..


Wasalam..

Umi Kalthum Ngah

DrSam said...

salam madam,
Congratulation to Along! Another brilliant milestone in his his life journey.

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Pak Chik,
Thanks for ur confidence in Along.Hopefully he wont dissapoint us.Looking at the present scenario on social ills among teenages,I fear for my children too.The possibility is always there.
But alhamdulillah..so far they have not given me any headache and I thank God for that..

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Doc,
You too must be proud of your children,they are all doing well.
Hopefully Along will get to where he aim for.And hopefully too he will get a job as good as your son after graduating..
Any new release Doc?

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Dr Sam,
Thanks..you too must be proud of ur son recent achievement.Am sure there are more to come..

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.