Saturday, January 8, 2011

This and that..

Of late, I have been very busy juggling between work and family matters.In fact, a few of my trespassers have been asking me to update my blog(It surprises me that there are people who are interested to read my stories).To find solitude and to pen down my thoughts and stories seem very difficult these days since my working hours have been prolonged.Finally I am joining the 8:00-4:00 workforce after more than two decades of enjoying a half-day career.Holidays of course are quite limited and there is absolutely no more end-of-the-year holiday.So my kids did not have any vacation in 2010.They grumbled at first but mommy dearest has subscribed many interesting TV channels to occupy their time and not to mention the unlimited broadband usage.
School term has just begun.Angah and big baby are back at their school ,leaving Along and Ifah.In fact, Along is leaving too this Monday for MICET.So I have only Ifah to be my "tag along".
Finally tonight I get the time to sit down and rant on whatever comes to my mind and whatever pleases me...
2011 will see two of my Permatas sitting for major exams.Mommy has already felt the pressure.Last holiday saw Angah making trips to tuition center Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 to 3:30pm.Luckily Along has just gotten his driving licence and he was responsible for sending and fetching Angah.Thank you Along for dutifully doing your responsibility,thus lifting some of the burden on mommy's not-so-broad shoulder.Thank you Allah for blessing me with a good son.(no,no..dont get me wrong,I am not bragging,I am only saying my gratitude to Allah).Only YOU, the most merciful and the most compassionate, know what is best for your servants...

The last 3 consecutive weekends saw me making trips to JJ to buy the school necessities.This week is Along's turn to buy whatever items needed at MICET.Mommy wont get any turn because all these preparations have left her purse lighter than usual.Never mind,she can practise "reuse and recycle".What matters most is for her children to be fully equipped to start the school term.
2010 also saw me being tested with lots of things:lost,separation and sickness.December was almost drawing its curtain when I had no choice but to spend 3D/N at HUKM.The minor operation on my daughter was successfully carried out as planned.My sincere thanks to Prof. Dr. Norazura and Prof Dr Ani Amelia for their intelligent diagnosis and successful operation.Malaysia needs more dedicated and committed doctors like both of you.You personally made calls to your patient to check on her status and you counsel the mother because you know that she cant avoid the fear.Both of you are very profesional yet warm,friendly and caring. My thanks also goes to all the nurses at Berlian Ward O&G.I ve never come across a hospital which provides not only a pillow but a blanket to the accompanied person.But I was given those every night I was there accompanying my daughter and this made my night comfortable even though I was sleeping in a prayer room.
I am glad that my daughter is recuperating well and she is ready to face the new school term.

For the coming 2011,I have not thought about any resolution.I don't think I need one.I guess I just take one day at a time.There s nothing to plan, nothing to achieve.I ll try to weather out whatever problems and predicaments that cross my path and pray to Allah to deal with them in the best way I can.
Time flies....
Life goes on for me and my beloved Permatas....

4 comments:

Al-Manar said...

I have been wondering why you have not been updating this. Hope all is well now.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks for ur concern.
All is well here..

DrSam said...

Small dots here and there, all make our wonderful life journey a colorful one. Have a great and blissful year ahead madam.

Wondering now...are you not a teacher anymore?

Memorable trails... said...

Though not a schoolteacher, still in education line.Teaching in Matrics now.
You too have a wonderful n prosperous year Doc..