Friday, January 21, 2011

Isn't mommy always right?

My four permatas in 1997...

Love and patience are two most important values a mother should have for her children.

I love my children.As much as possible I do not want to hurt their feelings.But mommy is only human...

I know I am blessed with 4 manageable permatas.I cannot ask for more.Any discrepancies here and there make our life more colourful.That s all..I have understood long time ago that journey of life isn't a smooth sailing ..,not even for this family.

My children,
As far as possible I ll try to fulfill your wishes and even dreams if I could.(though sometimes mommy wonders who is going to full fill mommy's wishes and dreams...ahhh getting sentimental..)

I understand your favorites and your interests. Never in the world would I put a full stop to that.

Along, you re synonym with rugby,angah is always in the softball team ,bigbaby..lately you re more interested in volleyball while Ifah who is more on the lembik side, is inclined towards anything related to dancing.Mommy understands that ..
Yes,besides working hard academically, all of you should pursue your interest in sports and games to become a balanced individual.Mommy has no problem with that..

But last weekend there is so much in my hand.Along brought home 7 friends and of course I had to entertain them just like my own children;giving fresh sheets,ensuring everybody gets a pillow and a blanket,preparing breakfast,lunch and tea.After all they have been together for a year and later they are going to stick together too in a foreign land for another 3 more years if God willing.So for these children they are just like siblings to each other.How can I not entertain them.
While I was busy attending to the needs of Along and his friends,I seemed to hurt my bigbaby's feeling. He had to return to his college earlier than usual.I knew he had a volleyball practice and college players would be selected on that afternoon.He reminded me over and over on that day.

However, I could not leave the house until Along and his friends had left.I think that is expected from a mother..to say goodbye and to sent off her children at the door.

Time was ticking away and by the time I loaded bigbaby's belongings into the car, it was half an hour past the practised time.I looked at his eyes.He was already wiping tears.I tried to talk to him but instead of responding to my questions he cried harder.I told him it was alright to be half an hour late and just tell the volleyball captain his reason.Still there was no response from him .I knew he was frustrated..Ahh....

Finally, I said.."Would you want me to see the captain?"
"No, I would look like a baby..,and no I do not not want to go for that practice.I am already late.Let it be..I wont get selected.."

I couldnt avoid the guilty feeling.But I had no choice.I wished I could be at two places at one time.
I kept on driving until I reached his college.As I was passing the volleyball court ,I saw some boys were still playing.I brought my car to a halt and told big baby to go and change into his sports attire and joined the group. He just kept quiet and as he was about to close the car door, he said,"No, I do not want to practise.Biar tak kena pilih pun tak pe..".Then he left and walked towards his dormitory without a peck on my cheek like he usually did.I knew he was mad at me..

It has been four days today and my bigbaby is still keeping himself very quiet.There was still no call.Probably he is still angry..

Isn't mommy always right?
Could I be wrong this time?
Have I jeopardised bigbaby's chance of getting into his college volleyball team?
Should I just leave Along and his friends the other day without waiting for them to start off their journey back to college?
Am I being fair to all my children?

Mommy is trying very hard to rationalise this....

10 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Yes,Mommy is always right.
For children's own good they must learn that there are instances a mother needs to hurt her children,so that one day they know that they too will have to apply the same rule of the game one day.

From the little that I know you have been sacrificing a lots for your well brought up children. We do not do things to the children just for them to glorify us.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for sharing your comment. If not for your kind gesture, I would not have stumbled upon your wonderful blog.

You write with so much sincerity and straight from the heart!! Most inspiring.

Take care and thank you for opening up to share ...

Best wishes

Memorable trails... said...

Well said Pak Chik and Thanks.
Angah was in KT library the whole day yesterday ( 2/2) staying with her friend in KT for a day before going to that youth camp in Kuala Berang today..

Memorable trails... said...

Masterwordsmith,
Thanks for visiting..and do come again

zafi said...

Oh I am so touch! :)
I will always love my mum..
always

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Safi.
Thanks for visiting..
Kasih ibu tiada bandingnya...love ur mum and show ur appreciation in what ever way u can..

Anonymous said...

mom is always right, that's what i drill into my boys' heads.

i empathise with your predicament. i was in such a situation before and i chose to give priority to the game practice. either way one will be hurt. perhaps i was lucky then, my son understood how i set priority.

you keep well maam.

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Noir,
Thanks for visiting..
Yes, a lot of time we parents are at a junction trying to b fair to everybody.Hopefully as they grow older they will understand whatever the decision parents have to make are for their own good.....

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

:-)

Assalamualaikum,

I've four kids too, unfortunately my two boys are with my ex in Sabah and the other two girls with me. Divorce-is never a good option for young kids.

I understand your dilemma, for I too face that almost everyday. May Allah guide you in every step u take. And Yes, mothers are always right, but sometimes we have our gut feelings all muddled up with other intrusive doubts taht we ignore them. Sigh.

Stay true to yourself, the kids love you.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.