Sunday, November 2, 2008

What s yoga to me...


I just started practising yoga,in fact i just bought a book on 'Yoga at the office", suddenly it becomes a national issue. The National Fatwa will come out with the ruling on this execise.It is afraid that muslim yoga practitioners will deviate from their faith and beliefs.

I ve read about yoga and been practising it for about 2 months.To me there is nothing wrong with it as long as you dont rehearse their spiritul chants or the manthra.For a 46- year old lady like me i need to exercise.Since i m staying in a country town, visiting gymnasium is out of question for there is none here. To go out and jog in the park is just not a good idea for all my spare tyres will be bouncing up and down.To buy an exercise machine, it is just not worth it..so i resort to yoga...

Yoga is from India. No one knows exactly its history but it has come to existence centuries ago .Yoga is the combination of body movement, relaxation, repetition and correct breathing technique , where if you do it right it can help to get rid of all the toxic in our body.It improves blood circulation, relaxes your mind and at the same time provides you with continuous energy.It is one way of managing your stress too for after a session of yoga you will feel fresh and energetic.Try it if you dont believe!

So that s how i treat yoga, and i think we should not narrow down out thoughts making it into some kind of mistakes.I did receive few negative comments from my hubby, but as long as i treat it as some kind of exercise, it should be ok..of course i avoid those positions which are similar to the god and godess of hindu.We can even do it while sitting on a chair..I trust myself after all i m knowledgeable and sensible enough to choose which is right and which is not right according to my religion...

2 comments:

Amiene Rev said...

writing bureau... a nice thing.

saadahnoor said...

Hi mashitah,
maybe u tak kenal i lagi..i berkawan dgn kakak u Hamidah..sepupu NorAzmah..kakak adib..