Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Still holidaying...

A view from the 20th floor of Lanai Gurney condo





Petronas Twin Tower at night and at dusk time-Pic captured from the balcony of hubby's condo
I am still in KL.Actually my plan has gone astray.Our previous plan was to go back to Kelantan right after the id so that my kids could go for tuition during this hols, especially the ones in boarding schools since hols is the only time for them to get extra coaching.However, there are so many unpredictable pulling factors here, like weddings ,birthdays ,shopping and not to mention my other half corporate suite ,so I am still hanging around here.
Yesterday, after much persistence and insistence from my kids, we went for a show "The day the Earth stood still".I like it ..my kind of show.Actually,this was my second show this week and the previous one was Cicakman 2 where I fell Zzzzz .Let s not make any comment or comparison between the two movies for criticizing film is not my area.
Apart from the two movies, I have not been to any cinema for ages.The last film I watched was "Gandhi" way back in the mid eighties.Amongst other films that I watched during those days were Lady Chatterley's lover, Officer and Gentleman,Friday the 13th,The Natural,Pretty in pink and a few others.The ticket at that time was only $ 2.00Yesterday was RM 8.00 because it was a Lady's Day, if not the normal price is RM 10.00.
The cinema in Malaysia has gone 200% changes from the 70 s era( the last time i went to a cinema in Malaysia ).It was dirty, stuffy,with damp and musty smell lingered in the air and at times stink with urine.You could even see rats scurrying and sometimes rays of sunlight could filter in through the leaking holes.Of course that was the cinema in a small town.However,it s very modern now,very systematic,clean , comfortable and has a very up to date sound system where I think at times it s too loud and could burst my heart.
Definitely , show biz has come a long way here...
Anyway, I guess this is the kind of entertainment the city folks would go for on weekends or after office hours.I did not feel comfortable actually to be amongst those mostly teenagers patronizing the cinema.I was too self -conscious with a feeling of guilt since I am already a hajah.But for my kids sake, I just follow them...after all it s holiday time...
Tonight I m going back again to Muar since tomorrow is my nephew's birthday ,so we are going to have a little celebration.For my hubby, another hard day tomorrow for he is now planting oil palm trees in his new piece of land..his new acquired hobby.That s why he doesnt mind to have a few trips back to my kampung in a week.
Merry Christmas to all the Christian folks!


No comments: