Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008 ...welcome 2009

Today is the last day of 2008.Most of us will do some reflecting of the year gone by and at the same time listing the hopes and resolutions for the new year 2009.

Of course,we couldn't get everything that we want in a year but surely we can make do with what has been given and bestowed to us and adjust it to the best of our ability.

I always look forward to a new year, no doubt this year it means my age is edging towards half a century,I dont mind that.Infact, I am proud of it.It means I am another year wiser and more settled down in my life and career.Frankly speaking, I dont envy those in their 20 s or 30 s because as I can see it they are still struggling or baru nak mula bina hidup. By the time you reach 40, you ve settled down financially and emotionally.You are more confident in your actions,decision- making and you know what you want in life. Beauty wise..well of course it deteriorates but lets not discuss about it..after all beauty is skin deep and lies in the eyes of the beholder.

To err is human and through out our journey in life we make mistakes now and then.So every time a new year approaches I wish that I would not repeat the same kind of mistake or foolishness again.It is always in my prayer that the Almighty will guide me in decision-making. There are times too I felt so frustrated, so heartbroken either due to certain incident or someone.So, I always have high hopes that this someone will not break my heart into pieces again and again, and realise once and for all that I am a human being with feelings and emotions!

I am a teacher.I love my job and do not mind being a teacher through out my career life.I help my students in their quest for new opportunities and discovering talents which may lie buried in self - defeat.Each day I see that life is reborn with questions, ideas and even friendship.I am also doing battles with ignorance ,peer preasure, fear and negativity.If I won, then its achievement to me.A feeling of contentment.So,career wise I d not ask for more, I am being entrusted with the future that is the children.Public and parents trust me.

For my kids, I hope that they will be blessed with good health, then only they can study hard and excel.My eldest will be sitting for his SPM, my second for PMR and my youngest-the big baby in the family will be taking his UPSR next year.I hope all of them will bring straight A s home.At the same time I wish the Al mighty will bestow guidance and hidayah on them.This include my third child too.

I wish 2009 will witness me to become a better muslim, a strong individual,a diligent staff,the best wife and mother to my other half and children and a good neighbour...

Well, those are my wishes for 2009 and happy new year to all.

No comments: