Friday, November 27, 2009

Our last raya here

Since this Hari Raya Qurban is going to be our last hari raya in negeri Cik Siti Wan Kembang,we decided not to go back celebrating it at our home town.Besides, Along is in his mid SPM exam. I rather not leave him here struggling on his own.There is a four-day break before the next paper which is Biology.He came back and took the opportunity to join extra class at my school.

Whether we are celebrating hari raya at home or di perantauan,I will always cook my mom's Johor delicacies.So yesterday morning I spent time looking for the ingredients and in the evening I used my time to the fullest cooking nasi empit,kuah kacang,kari daging and rendang ayam.For kuah lodeh I always cook in the morning of hari raya.At first I wanted to leave curry daging for my other half because that is his speciality.But after discovering he was still in Bentong at 4:00 pm and the road was packed with vehicles ,so I decided not to wait for him.I cooked the Johor version of kari daging.Dear hubby,please accept my apology if my curry is not up to your expectation,your kari utara!

He reached home at 3:40 this morning.The journey from KL to KB took more than twelve hours!It seems anak-anak Kelantan di perantauan would not want to miss the chance of celebrating Hari Raya and doing the Qurban at their home sweet home.

Since the amount of food I cooked could last for few days,so today after solat hari raya, we spent time eating and sleeping alternately.We did our Qurban at home so we were left with nothing to do all day.By Asar, we were bored to death so I suggested that we go somewhere.There is no relative to visit here.Friends' invitations are mostly for tomorrow,so we just headed for KB.Angah suggested we go bowling but when we reached KB town everything is closed.Even the biggest shopping mall in KB stops its operation today.So, how to bowl kids???

Even at this traffic lights there aren't many cars.
On normal days this road which leads to hospital is very busy.Today it is lonely and almost deserted.

A lonely drive here.Maidin and Pantai Timur Supermarket are located along this road.On other days this road will be packed with vehicles moving at snail pace.

Where are those anak-anak Kelantan pulang dari perantauan.They surely aren't patronizing the streets of KB.Maybe busy in their backyard slaughtering cows and preparing for bekwah
It seems only us on this road.




We finally end up at Pizza Hut.
Since the nasi kerabu stall,nasi dagang stall,nasi air stall etc..etc..are closed,so the crowd at Pizza Hut is bigger than usual.The waiting is extraordinary long,we kill the time by snapping a few pic.

Mommy and daughter

Father and daughter
We left KB after performing our maghrib at Muhammadi mosque.On the way back we wanted to stop at TESCO to do our groceries.But TESCO is closed too.

Looks like this hypermarket is receiving a different set of guests for hari raya aidil adha...

No comments: