Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It s poco poco time!

When I was forced to learn poco-poco dance ,I was like ..what??Me dancing ?
However, I was left with no choice since it is almost a must for every BAKAT member to know the steps of poco-poco.You see, should there be any occasion graced by the Queen or any VVIP or VIP and they are on the dance floor, we have to be on the dance floor too,be it poco-poco, caca or line dancing .We cannot be the spectators only especially if the function is for BAKAT.So, since poco-poco has become a trend,we must know poco-poco too.
I was ordered to learn this poco-poco by my BAKAT chairman for a special occasion in Ipoh graced by the previous Raja Permaisuri Agung.So whether I wanted it or not ,I had to make trips to BAKAT house every evening for two weeks. Not enough of that,I turned my sitting room into a dancing floor,joined by my kids and neighbours.I thought if my ankles could talk,they would have screamed for over usage.The turns and the twists were really tiring and leaving me with sores and pains for days...

Last week , after having enough of choral speaking,story telling,scrabble, my colleague suggested that we have a different activity.So, we decided to bring poco-poco dance to our school compound.News spread fast, and the whole school was eager to join.So, that evening the normal society activities had been changed to poco-poco dancing.The assembly square was turned into a dancing floor and poco-poco loud music filled the air.Even members of Taranum and Al Quran society joined in.

Getting ready..music please!

The boys ..baru nak cuba-cuba


Pn.Hjh Zuraida teaching the girls..




Top view, some are trying to get the steps..




Now,backward steps..



Athira enjoying herself...


Now , turn to the side...Ed Zuraida,Meria Mershida , the fast learners


Back to the first position


Farid the headboy,yours truly and her junior


But..the boys are still blurrrr....


Balengang pata-pata
Ngana pe goyang

Pica-pica
Ngana pe bodi

Poco-poco
Cuma ngana
Yang kita cinta
Cuma ngana
Yang kita sayang

Suka biking pusing ...


Dancing so energetically
You move so friskilly
Your body is so chubby
Only you that I love
Only you that I care
But you often make me dizzy....



17 comments:

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

poco-poco sgt best!!!!!!!!
i love poco-poco ;)
malacca chinese are very good at poco-poco
hehehe

Memorable trails... said...

So fast ya!I tak sempat nak edit lagi..I am sure you guys are good at it.

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

aha
i've follow ur blog
so i know it when u are posting a new entry ;P

aha
poco-poco is great!!
the song is really exotic ;)

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Salam Madam Gold,

Bestnya tgk u all poco-poco..taruk la lagunya sekali kat blog ni, boleh i pun goyang badan sikit..:)

Memorable trails... said...

I ni ilmu tak cukup lagi..nak taruk lagu tu kena tunggu anak I balik utk ajarkan.

Kak Teh said...

Madam Gold, when the former Queen was here I was invited to poco-poco and then when Tun Jean came , I managed to excuse myself. Little did they know that I have two left feet and I cant tell my left from my right.

My sisters are very good - thus when we were walking along Lake Geneva last year, we broke the journey by doing the poco-poco by the lake...aneh, kan?

Memorable trails... said...

K Teh, you did poco-poco by the lake?That s interesting..dancing in the wind.
Yalah,kadang2 tak larat nak beri excuse kat the high and mighty ni,kita di bawah ikut aje..dia joget,kita joget..dia poco-poco,kita poco-poco..kadang2 yg pelik2 tu kita hentam aje.Dia org tak pe,jurutari sentiasa disisi,bagi tunjuk ajar there and then..

Lee said...

Poco poco dance? Thats something new to me, ha ha. Cha cha cha saya tau. Disco too, ha ha.
But love the colorful attire everyone wearing. Lee.

MariaFaizal said...

Sis,
This must be fun!
Sorry i missed out couple of your updates due to hectic schedule of kenduri here & there :D

And same as Uncle Lee, the dance is a new thing for me. But it sounds so cute! So does the song!

Cheers sis..

Memorable trails... said...

Hi Lee, Poco poco originated from Indonesia and is a popular dance among the makcik-makcik.The steps are variety from simple ones to a more complicated.The music ...awesome!
The colorful t shirts tu are according to their sports house.
Good day.

Memorable trails... said...

Yes Maria, we had a wonderful time and sweating all over.
Again we had another poco-poco session this week.The students just love it, so do all the cikgus.Nanti nak cuba line dancing pulak...
Thnks for visiting sis.

DrSam said...

walauwee madam. Poco-pocoing until you hurt your knee :) I heard poco-poco has been practised even in the pasanteren.

Memorable trails... said...

Yes doc,had doubts at first,pas tu really enjoy myself.Pantang dengar music poco poco,angkat kaki terus.

Nong said...

Kat my office pun ada kelas poco-poco ni. kalau ada gathering puspanita, mesti ada dance ni.

kak nong tak kuasa nak belajar. asyik terpijak kaki orang jer... he he...

MariaFaizal said...

Sis,
Need your kind help to 'expose' your FOLLOWER button,please...

I've been searching high & low for the link :D

Have a fantastic day to you & yours.

Memorable trails... said...

K nong, Memang confusing at first,I pun dulu tersondol kaki org tapi lepas tu ok..La ni memang enjoying the poco-poco.

Memorable trails... said...

Maria, am trying to expose the button.Sabar ye.