Friday, June 19, 2009

Handbags..handbags..and more handbags.

I may have a big problem here.I really,really love handbags.Bags of any kind,any shape,any colour,any material and any brand.But one soothing thing I am not a branded kind of person,if not I would say half of my salary will go to handbags.


My collection of bags...

I have handbags all over my room.I put them on the cupboard, on the dresser,at the side of my bed,on my study table..everywhere.This will make it easier for me to change my handbag every morning before leaving for work.

So, this weekend since there isnt so much things, both in my hands and on my mind(since hubby isnt coming back,angah is at her hostel,along going for rugby training in Penang,big baby is attending motivation camp,so leaving only me and Ifah at home), I gather all my handbags from every corner of my house and start to dust,wipe,polish and clean them inside out.Macam-macam lah khazanah jumpa..


I ve only a few branded ones..tapi tak de lah sampai beribu harganya...tak mampu.


I love pink handbags...look so feminine.



Just very ordinary type of bags,after all I am a very ordinary person...I don't go for any particular brands.Anything will do,as long as dah berkenan..

My collection of dinner bags...


Even straw bags get my attention...Kalau dah nama perempuan,any beautiful things will surely catch her eyes!
If I ever go shopping,my kids will be very worried if there is a handbag sale.Mommy dearest will surely stop at least for a few minutes,picking,trying and tossing the bags.Looking very bored and probably fed up,they ll just wait obediently for me to choose.Kalau I tanya cantik tak yang ni,and they will quickly say yes before I actually finish asking.

Surprisingly, those handbags will only have a few pairs of shoes to match with.One thing for sure I am not Imelda Marcos.I seldom buy shoes.If I ever bought one and it is comfortable I would use the pair for years.If not I just chuck it back in the box and it will remain there . I need a comfortable pair since the nature of my work requires me to stand at the very least 3 hours a day.Of course you can't teach while sitting down..bukan nak mengaji kitab,that what my boss would say if she ever finds any teacher sitting while teaching.
So, I dont know when I can and will stop this not so very economical habit(especially with the economic turn down).I guess at this age of mine I should stop window shopping for handbags,comparing the prices and materials.. etc..etc.Instead it is time for me to compare which supplement is the best for my body,(after all I ve had one cyst removal and I am not getting any healthier),look for calorie chart instead of a discounted price chart and start thinking of my cholesterol level instead of which handbag goes with which baju.But ..well, old habit dies hard.I will try but I am not expecting a tremendous change.Afterall, I am a woman...

23 comments:

MariaFaizal said...

Sis,
You have beautiful collection of bags. They are lovely.

I'm not much into handbags [I only have about eight now :( ]but I'm really crazy about fabrics. Yes, I literally go crazy when I see beautiful fabrics. Worst is I couldn't even carry them around like bags. But we can't just switch passions, can we?

There must be something happened in our 'former' lives that triggered these differences, you think? he he...

Have a great day sis :D

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

aisehh!
l L♥VE bags too!

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Oh my goodness!!Wow so many handbags.
Once upon a time I love handbags..had hundreds of it but I managed to sell and donated some after how many years contemplating it.

Now I think I'm going to keep just a few the branded ones and sell off the balance of my handbags,shopping bags,whatever bags that is left.

Anyone keen to buy?:)

Memorable trails... said...

Maria,the passion for bags started since my student days.In fact some still at my parents'house,of course cant be used anymore..dah outdated...

Memorable trails... said...

Miss Zaza,do buy some in UK.I am sure they got better patterns..

Memorable trails... said...

ibu...
Why not buat yard sale ke,car boot sale ke..
I did sell some last year on Coop day at my school.Tapi kekadang tu malu nak jual barang second hand kat Malaysia ni,respond kurang.
Kalau di luar negara to sell or buy a second hand thing ni biasa je kan.Happy lagi,sebab dapat good bargain.Kalau d KL tak tau lah I.

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

im going to car boot sale next week. first time dengar. dan first time nak pergi. so interesting! kalau la kat malaysia ada car boor sale tu
i would be very happy ;D

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

hi...
I tengah siapkan facebook page i about my stuffs for sale.Nanti bila dah siap,I let you all know.

Over here in Kl,dah twice i buat garage sale.

Ok ,good sell.

Yes I nak jual yang lama so dapat yang baru:)
Miss Zaza nak pergi car boot sale kat mana?

ReensPorchSale said...

Come view my sale blog
reensporchsale.blogspot.com

Memorable trails... said...

Miss Zaza,
Go dear and more stories to tell once you get back!

Memorable trails... said...

ibu..,
Alright we ll wait for ur sale.
Kalau nak buat garage sale branch pun boleh.This Thurs,my school will be having Coop day again,so anything to sell,just mail here.
I am sure all youR LV ke,CD ke apa2lah will be sold ofF like hot cakes..he..he..

Memorable trails... said...

Reens..
Thanks for visiting.Will drop by..

Kak Teh said...

Oh my God, Madam Gold, you do have loads of bags! I am quite practical actually and dont care for brandnames, anything that I can stuff in my handphone, notebook, story book, pen and purse - cukup. It doesnt even matter if th ecolour clashes. I hate changing bags because I tend to leave things behind. Lately my daughter has taken to buying me bags..well, that's okay.

You have good taste in bags.

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Madam Gold,
My lv's i tak jual...Itu aje yang I ada:)
Yang lain lain tu boleh kot.
Do you have an email address?

Puziah Ahmad said...

Maashitah you really have a fine taste of handbag..cantik..bukan brand..penting puashati...

P/s takziah atas kemergian Mak Ya kesayangan tu...Alfathihah

Memorable trails... said...

Sometimes the color clashes too..especially when I m in sombre mood...pakai handbag biru baju oren.Cant help it..

Memorable trails... said...

Salam ibu...
my email is madam_gold62@yahoo.com
Thnks.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks Puziah.
Yes I really miss my Mak Ya.

Win said...

Salam kak Mas,banyaknya..but nice collection..

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks Win

DrSam said...

Wow... so many and nice collection madam. Keep it few more years and the ebay fan will hunt them high and low.

Memorable trails... said...

Nak wat camna doc...dah pengila handbag..he..he..he..

ReensPorchSale said...

reensporchsale.blogspot
silalah visit