Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Congratulations boys!

The tune 'I lay my love ' from my handset disturbed my afternoon nap.Still tired and dizzy from the hectic day at school, I grabbed my phone and answered the call.It was my son,Along, calling from Muar, to inform me that he was going into the finals in rugby tournament this afternoon.
What else could I say, except all the best Along and give your best shot.He and his team had been training for months,moving from the east coast to the north and now in the south for the finals.
As I ve mentioned in the previous post, the director of MARA insisted on taking up the challenge from the director of SBP to have students of both parties competing in rugby and also to prove that the MRSM boarders are not ayam daging.As for that, the students had to sacrifice their classes,study hours,pocket money(as they were given rm 42 only for two weeks) and a few other things to achieve the mission.In fact, the parents were called up by the director himself to be given further explanation on this matter.

All your hard work pays boys!Congratulations..the four teams went to the finals this afternoon were three MARA teams from north,east and south zones and Kolej Yayasan Saad.All the teams from SBP like Royal Military College and a few science and premier schools failed to enter the finals.

At 8:00 pm just now Along called me up to inform that his team secures the second place and the proud champion goes to MARA south zone.

So mission accomplished for the MARA boys including the director.Good work boys and surely all of you deserve something better than that rm 42!

For Along, have a safe journey back to your college tomorrow and mommy dearest will see you this weekend...

Get back and catch up with your studies Along.It s 142 days to your SPM!

5 comments:

Pak Zawi said...

Mommy Gold,
Thanks for the visit to my site.
Congratulations on your son and his team's accomplishment. Rugby is a hard game but it really develop the characters of the boys and also their physical strength. My son played rugby too when he was in school and proudly represented his school. Let them have their time of glory.

Memorable trails... said...

Yes Pak Zawi..let them have their time of glory and am sure this glorious moment will be a lasting memory.
At first I was quite sceptical and fickle abt him entering the tournament.He d be missing lots of stuff in school.But now I am happy for him.I think I ve done the right thing for allowing him to be in the team.

DrSam said...

congratulation to you son! It seems the newcomers and the underdogs marked their present very well and sitting proudly in the hall of fame this time.

My son was so frustrated he didn't get his chance to play in his team this season for health reason. (but luckily he didn't play also, otherwise sure kena gelak punye :)

Memorable trails... said...

Tak pe doc.Your son still has next year to compete.As for Along this is his last year and so he is going to make most out of it and treasure his last school year with something memorable.
School years are always the best time in our lives.

Nong said...

Congrats to Along!

I nak tergelak baca your last entry on your collections of bags. My sis's collections boleh compare with Imelda Marcos' siap matching shoes. As for me, I use only one and only bag to office. Black color and is nearly 5 years old. Dah koyak sikit tapi tak ketara. Sayang nak tukar lagi. Hopefully it will last till i retire next year! he he...