Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mission half accomplished.

The thought of 'balik kampung' seems to bring joy to almost everybody but the thought of a long journey one has to endure is quite sickening.On Saturday, 30 th May, yours truly and the clan started the journey back to Muar,Johor.The journey was quite uneventful, with only greeneries, undulating hills and plantations after plantations to feast our eyes on.There was no massive traffic jams and everything was smoothly run.I had rounds and rounds of sleep,letting my other half to do the driving alone.

We reached our kampung at 12:30 midnight, after stopping for a while in Segamat to have our supper of satay.Although it was already midnight and some in semi-conscious state, the five of us could still walloped 40 sticks of satay plus the 'ketupat'.

When we reached my parents' house ,everybody was fast asleep.Luckily they had prepared the mattresses for us.So, we jumped on it without much thought, stretching our tiring and aching body.



A stretch of road leading towards my kampung.



Passing the green paddy fields soothing to the eyes..



The next day my other half started to continue with his unfinished mission,the bushes that need to be cleared



and burnt....A lot of hard work here but if one has the interest in farming,it is one satisfying job..



Oil palm trees just taken from the nursery and to be planted once the clearing is done and the land is ready.





Mat Kojai, my other half 's 'Yes man'..a very loyal chap.



The land is ready for plantation



With the help from Mat Kojai and big baby, my other half managed to plant 200 oil palm trees this holiday.300 trees already planted prior to this.Along, you escape from the hard work!



Newly planted.Hopefully the trees would not be destroyed by the monkeys which roam freely around the area





While the father was busy with the planting mission,my children took the opportunity to visit the historical city,Malacca,accompanied by their aunt and uncle..

Visiting the crocodile farm.Our friend here is waiting for just anything to NGAP.....





Look at this..would you dare to do this action???



Not forgetting Eye-On-Malaysia.Kids..where are you?



Big baby is having a great time with cousin..Bob



Daughter,Angah taking a boat ride at Kampung Morten..the water was smelly though



Posing in Melaka Museum.Bob,angah,sisterAda and big baby..





On our last night , we had dinner at Sabak Awor,on the bank of Sungai Muar.I would recommend this place to any sea -food lovers who happen to be in the area.The food is good yet the price is sooo.. reasonable.We had steamed siakap,sweet sour siakap,grilled Jenahak,grilled pari,buttered squids,fried prawns and kailan ikan masin.For those sumptuous meal we paid only RM 140.






Hey..where s the fish?The cat must have stolen it!!


Before leaving my hometown I managed to buy fabrics in Tangkak for 'baju raya and later we stopped over at University Hospital to visit my aunt.
On 5th June we were back in KB, after spending a week in kampung.I thought of just spending the rest of the holiday at home doing gardening,marking papers,spring cleaning etc but the Almighty has planned something else for HIS servant.
On 7 th June I went to Hospital Pakar Perdana in KB to have a breast examinationThe doctor detected a small lump, could be a cyst.Ultra sound was carried out and the lump was about half an inch.So, the doctor with my approval decided to carry out minor surgery to remove it.
Spending time together with mommy dearest before she was wheeled into OT



Wednesday 10 June Madam Gold ended up spending the rest of her holidays in Hospital Pakar Perdana KB, for a surgery.


Sorry to say ,my plans were half accomplished!Allah has far better plans for me,HIS servant..

8 comments:

DrSam said...

The long winding road back home to see the loved ones was always worth the endurance.

I always tell my wife, one day we should go to Muar and sampled the local delicacies beside the beautiful river. So far, the plan has not materialized yet.

Hope you recuperate well and fast. Take good care of yourself.

MariaFaizal said...

Hi sis,
I'm hoping the steadfast recovery for you as well. Ameen...And, I enjoy looking at the beautiful shots of your journey in the entry.

Makes me wanna plan trip balik kampung myself before start working :)

Cheers sis & do take care.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks doc.Am recovering now.Yes, come over to Muar and try the delicacies,especially its Mee Bandung and Soto.No other place can beat it.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks for the wish Maria.
Sesekali balik kampung memang merehatkan dan mengubat rindu.
Go make a trip back sis..
Welcome back to the working world!

Kak Teh said...

Madam, hope you are on the road tp recovery. Insyaallah and take a good well earned rest.

Memorable trails... said...

Thanks Kak Teh.Yes ..definitely I will.Even the cooking was done by hubby this few days.
I am enjoying a complete rest..

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Hope you are feeling well already.You're lucky to have a hubby who cooked during ur recovery period.I love looking at the balik kampung pictures:)

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Salam,

Pls forgive me for not visiting u here for a rather long time. I am sorry to know about ur half accomplished plam, well..at least u have fulfill half of it, so Ok la jugak..

I enjoy ur palm oil plantation pics, we all punya baru nak besar..good luck, madam..:)