Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mak Ya ...in loving memory.

UPDATED:
Allahyarhamah Siti Doria Sapeh bt Puteh telah selamat dikebumikan pada pukul 1:00 tghari,16 Jun 2009.Majlis pengkebumian berjalan dengan cepat,lancar dan tanpa sebarang halangan.
The crowd of mourners who came to pay their last respect was overwhelming.She must have been one amazing,wonderful and kind-hearted being throughout her life.Even her Chinese and Indian friends grieved and wiped their silent tears.
Mak Ya...you will be deeply missed by beloved family and countless friends.Our love for you will remain and the moments with you will forever be cherished and treasured.
May Allah grant you an eternal rest....

She was my closest aunt..a person (after my mom)whom I would seek for if I had any problem...a place for me to 'dump' my children whenever I had to go far,either for a pilgrimage,holidays or functions.She was the most selfless and generous person who would never turn down any of my request.If there were a person who would teach me to learn to give without expecting anything in return ,it would be her.I know sometimes I took her for granted..please forgive me Mak Ya.
If ever I craved for any dishes,she would cook for me.In fact, she was a good cook.Her Nasi Beryani was well-known in her neighbourhood that she would receive order after order especially during Chinese New Year or weddings.Not that she was business minded but she just could not turn down the request from friends and neighbours.
I could not remember how and why I got so closed to her.I guess when I was small I spent most of my time at home with her when my mom was at work,so that in a way made us closer.She would cook,wash for my family besides babysit us, the kids.I remember every night whenever we were watching TV , I would put my head on her lap and she would caress my hair.She would never complained,never grumbled.
Then we grew up,she got married.But whenever summer holidays and I was back in Malaysia,I would spend most of my time at her place.She never breathed a word of having extra mouth to feed...That was my Mak Ya.
Hers was the place where you could jump out of a band wagon and landed on it at any time of the day or night and found home-cooked food on the table.Being such a gracious and accommodating hostess to all her nieces and nephews,her house would always be the place for us to gather and meet.Whenever we entered her kitchen, there would always be something brewing on the stove.We would never get hungry!Whenever her nieces or nephews from kampung were looking for jobs, hers would be a transit place until we were able to secure one.She had the biggest and warmest heart who would offer a helping hand to anybody in distress.
I know I haven't done much for her.But I am glad at least she managed to sample a bit of luxury before she left us.

Mak Ya or her real name was Siti Doria Sapeh bt Puteh..was named by a great man,the former Menteri Besar Johor, Allahyarham Tan Sri Othman Saat.At that time my late grandfather was a good friend to him.We do not know if there is any special meaning behind the name.

Mak Ya...your name will forever be engraved in my heart and I would never ever forget what you had done to us.

Al Fatihah...for my Mak Ya, who passed away peacefully at 3:00 am this morning (16 June 2009) at the age of 58,after suffering from pancreas cancer.May she rest in peace,may her soul be placed among the good and the pious.Amin...

6 comments:

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

may peace be upon Mak ya
al-fatihah

MariaFaizal said...

Innalillah hiwainna ilaihiroji'un...
I'm sorry for your loss sis.Al-Fatihah to Mak Ya. May Allah bless and protect her always.Ameen...

Memorable trails... said...

Miss Zaza,thnks.Are you in UK now.Tak care.

Thanks Maria for the good words.Yes, may her soul rest in peace.

DrSam said...

salam madam gold,
Al Fatihan to Mak Ya. A good and loving person like Mak Ya will be missed by many. May Allah bless her always.

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

Madam Gold, yeah. I'm in UK.
You too, take a good care ;)

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Innalilllahihi waiina ilahirajiun...Semoga ruh nya dicucuri Rahmat.